8 Apr 2020

Feel good fiction

I thought that as it's been a month since I last posted I would ease myself back into blogging. Also with the current situation across the world right now what would be better than some easy feel good recommendations to lift some spirits or just to offer that little bit of escapism?




Our Stop - Laura Jane Williams

This is Laura's first novel and it is a beautiful modern Romcom. It is set in London and the story follows Nadia a business woman during her commute who gets caught up in more than a handful of near-misses. She is sent a message through the daily paper asking her out for a drink and then the rest is a mixture of connections that were and that could have been's.

How to Stop Time - Matt Haig
Matt Haig is known for his mental health non-fiction work but he has a selection of superb fiction reads. This one is all about Tom who is a 41 year old history teacher, but the history lessons are not where his historic expertise ends because Tom has actually been alive and has lived through centuries with different identities.

All That She can See - Carrie Hope Fletcher
I could have picked any of Carries books as a feel good read because she is so good at creating worlds that you can just get lost in. 'All That She Can See' is about a young girl called Cherry who loves to bake but Cherry's abilities doesn't stop at baking. All of her treats have a special something about them that makes people feel better about their lives , that is until Chase comes along and can also see what Cherry's bakes can do.

You're The One That I Want - Giovanna Fletcher
Again with Giovana's work I could of picked many of her books as they all have the Romcom element I like when I'm looking for a read to boost my mood. This one is the first of Giovanan's books I read years ago and it just left that warm glow i needed. It is about Maddy, Ben and Rob who have been friends since childhood and think that nothing can break their bond. Maddy is dressed and ready to walk down to the alter but who will it be waiting for her at the other end?

These are just four picks of mine though each author here has lots of books I could recommend and Laura Jane Williams has her second novel out later in the year that I am looking forward to.

What is your favourite feel good read or author?



No comments:

Post a Comment