22 Feb 2020

February - Mid Month Review

I thought I would throw a mini mid month round up as it's only the 18th February and I'm already on the fifth book of the month!



Legendry - Stephanie Garber
4 Stars
Legendry is the second in Stephanie's series (Caraval) and I didn't think it was possible but I enjoyed this one even more than Caraval. I love the magical and very mysterious worlds Garber creates whilst still leaving so much to the imagination. I enjoyed the character development in this part of the series and seeing things from a different and more adventurous point of view. There are twists and turns in this book that you think you expect but then it goes a completely different way keeping you guessing.


 A Field Guide To Getting Lost - Rebecca Solnit
2 Stars
I really struggled with this book, I thought it would be more about Rebecca's journey of self discovery but I found it more hard and pretentious read. I did enjoy the odd chapter and paragraph but not enough of it to give it more than 2 stars


The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris
4 Stars
Of course any holocaust fiction is going to be a hard thought provoking read, and this one was no different. Although I found the writing style a bit simple I liked that because it gives you more focus on the plot and an emotional grip of the truth of the situation. I enjoyed the story lines between all the characters and I also enjoyed the extra information and pieces from related people at the end.


Two Can Keep A Secret - Karen M. McManus
 4 Stars
This is the second of Karen McManus's books I have read the first being 'One Of Us Is Lying' and I enjoyed this just as much. Set in the same town and involving some of the same characters is a touch I liked a lot. This story line kept me guessing and it wasn't one I worked out from half way through like other thrillers, it kept me hooked right until the end

Have you read anything by these authors? I love a good book recommendation. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment